Conc. XII, Lot 5
Hagarty Township, Renfrew County
A small, white wooden, very old church at the side of Hagarty Road #19 but in good repair. It was unlocked so the recorders went in – a small vestibule, with inside the small room four long wooden pews and kneeling benches with a small altar at the front with its Crucifix, altar-cloths, Bible and Bible lessons, the Priest’s black hat lying beside them as if he was just out for a moment – and time was suspended. In each front corner was a Confessional, two small cubicles with no curtains remaining but hanging from the rods were two sets of vestments, stuffed with newspapers dated 1967, made of brocade and embroidered fabrics. No electricity nor methods for heating the church were in evidence. The books on the altar were in Polish and Latin, but no church registers. A low wood railing separated the altar from the pews.
This church dates back to the 1890’s, very few stones in the cemetery and those are mainly of homemade cement which lie flat on the graves. The writing is mostly worn off. Where data appears on more than one stone face, a space is left in the recording denoting the back or side of a stone. The lot is wedge-shaped and the grass mowed; it ends at the Bonnechere River in a rather steep slope. The cemetery ground itself is flat.
The cemetery is located off Highway #62 on Hagarty Road #19.
Computer input August 1997 by Dolores M. Allen.
This cemetery record contains a map with the location of the headstones shown. It also contains headstone inscriptions.